
I am remiss in not blogging this sooner. Sorry. Last week Steve and I celebrated the big 10! It is hard to believe that we have shared our lives together, enjoyed so many blessings, and celebrated triumphs and tragedies together for a decade. I have to say that marrying Steve was the best decision I have ever made in my entire life! Thanks Steve for making me a better person and always pushing me to be my best. You are my greatest support and toughest critic-- which is a role you could relinquish, by the way :)...Seriously, who could have imagined what changes a decade could bring? So, though I know it embarasses Steve that I am writing this in a public forum and the PDA is out of character--I would have to announce to the whole wide web that "I LOVE STEVE".
Our anniversary celebration began with a surprise vase of flowers arriving at my work on Tuesday. I was quite surprised and my coworkers had to point out that I was blushing. It was indeed a huge surprise since Steve hasn't ever sent me flowers before and it was entirely unexpected.
Our anniversary continued by lasting 2 date nights. On Thursday (our actual anniversary) we were able to go down to the Boston temple. We were married in the Salt Lake City Temple so it was a nice chance to visit another temple on the exact date of our anniversary to remember the vows we made on that day. The next night, we made reservations for a nice little restaurant in Portsmouth called The Green Monkey and had a great time stuffing ourselves with fancy appetizers, entrees, and desserts. Yum!

Emma even surprised us with special crowns to commemorate our love, she came up with the design all on her own:
Of course, we enjoyed reminiscing about the past 10 years and the great blessings we have in our lives. Highlights included our graduations from college, moving across the country, exploring historical sites, career development, and, most of all, our three kids. It is amazing what can be created by two [very] young people who are on the same path--what a blessed life!


4 comments:
Congratulations on the big 10 year anniversary! How sweet that Mary is still the "blushing bride" and Steve, kudos to you for giving her reason to swoon!
Hooray for you! It's no small thing to celebrate 10 years of marriage...when you see marriages crumbling all around us! What a great wonderful day. So nice to remember that there are good people doing good things and raising good kids! Love you guys, H
Happy Anniversary! Yeah for 10! You packed a lot into 10, what will the next 10 hold?
You guys are soo cute! :)
Post a Comment