Friday, June 18, 2010

11 Years!

Today is Steve's and my ELEVENTH anniversary! It is amazing to think that I've been fortunate enough to spend over 1/3 of my life with this amazing man.  Time has passed by so quickly. Life has been good to us and the journey is even better with my best friend by my side. Steve has always been my biggest support and my strongest critic. Without his constant concern for my success, I am confident that I would be content with mediocrity. Since I met Steve, he has encouraged me to analyze my motives and choices to bring out the best in me--he won't allow me the luxury of pure laziness or failure! I fully credit Steve for my transition from a failing freshmen in college (just one quarter when I decided to stop attending class--that's a bad idea, by the way) to a 4.0 doctoral student. Thankfully, his encouragement and patience led me to a change of heart, mind, and attitude of "I can, I should, and I deserve it!" No excuses because I deserve nothing but the best. Which is why I married Steve, of course.  He makes me laugh, he is a great father who actually plays with his kids (listening to him play with the girls' Polly Pockets or LPS is HILARIOUS), he cleans and cooks regularly, he serves others, he is creative, he is a hard worker, he is quick to apologize, he has high expectations, he has good taste in decorating and clothing but he is wise enough to know when it is not prudent to replace or overextend to get something we want, he is frugal, he expresses his love and appreciation regularly, and the list could go on and on.  Basically, I feel extremely blessed that our paths were united in Logan, Utah when we moved into side-by-side apartments and I convinced Steve that he was madly in love with me.  Okay, now enough of the cheesy, sticky sweet, nausea-inducing, mushy, lovey-dovey commentary...Enjoy this little blast from the past!  In case you are confused, these are actually pictures of Steve and I.  Just in case you can't tell.

The Engagement Photo


Love you.

3 comments:

Liz said...

Happy Anniversary! 11 years, whoa, you guys are old! ;)

PixieGirl said...

Way to go! You have now accomplished something that most of the world will never do. 11 years and counting:)

Mike said...

Congrats! You'd think after 11 years, three kids, and a bunch of college degrees you two would look...I don't know...older? wiser? But you both still look like you're 20. Perhaps you both look more tired. 20 and tired. That's not a bad look. Hope the next 11 years go just as well!